£600 - £800 per day
4 months ago
Job title: Software Engineer/Lead Software Engineer
Contract: 6 Months+
Location: UK Remote Working
Rate: £600 - £800 per day outside ir35 (depending on experience)
Security Clearance: SC security clearance is required for this role
I am recruiting a software engineer and a lead software engineer for a client of mine who are an IT systems integrator who operate in the government sector. The software Engineers must have a high level of software development skills capable of building software for systems of any size and complexity and achieve customer satisfaction criteria through leading a small team or working as part of a larger team
- To deliver work to agreed estimates and timescales.
- To produce software component designs and specifications.
- To produce and test software components of any size and complexity.
- To produce unit, link and integration test plans and test results.
- To create test data and testing environments for unit, link and integration testing.
- To assist with integration testing, system testing, acceptance testing and implementation.
- To implement change control procedures.
- To maintain and develop knowledge skill and competencies in software development in more than one specialist area.
- To implement appropriate software configuration management processes for deliverables.
- To report own and team's progress and issues to the Project Manager in a timely manner. In particular, to relay issues that might impact on quality or the ability to deliver to timescales or estimates.
- To identify and communicate potential risk areas to the company.
- To carry out audits and participate in technical walkthroughs of other team members' components, test plans and results.
- To support a body of knowledge in the application of technology to addressing business issues.
- Experience using: Azure, PostgreSQL, OpenShift, React, Redhat, Node.Js
- The Senior Software Engineer will have sound knowledge of the latest developments and future strategy for their technology area, and an awareness of its application.
- Sound knowledge and experience of associated software engineering tools, techniques, methods within their specialist area.
- Demonstrable experience of working as a Senior Software Engineer on large or complex software engineering programmes/ projects.
- Project/ team leadership of a software development team.
- Understanding of impact of technology, environment and infrastructure on the business.
- Product Evaluation
- Detailed system design
- Define hardware/ software performance and specify requirements
- Create/ Build Software Design software component
- Manage / Conduct testing.
- Prepare implementation, conversion and cutover plans
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829