£45 - £47 per hour + Inside IR35
5 months ago
Software Test Engineer
12 Month Contract (Inside IR35)
Rate: £45 - £47ph
Location: Royston, Hertfordshire
A market leading technology company who are experiencing a period of growth due to growing demand for their unique Electro-Mechanical machines are seeking a Software Test Engineer to be responsible for independent , third-party testing of application software produced in the software group . This includes testing applications that integrate control over physical automated systems . To ensure testing is delivered on schedule while working under the guidance of the Test Manager
Key Job Accountabilities:
* Production and maintenance of software test plans, manual test cases, automated test scripts, test execution results and test reports
* System integration (of hardware and software components) and software testing on Windows desktop PCs, emulated platforms and real systems
* Classification (technical and business) and reporting of faults found in a release
* Following through to resolution of all faults discovered in the software
* Liaising with software designers and developers to understand the business requirements and product functionality
* Supporting the development & definition of standards and processes for software testing in projects and product developments, working within a framework informed by ISTQB® standards
* Supporting the assessment and introduction of testing techniques and tools
* Liaising with Testing Staff ( Test engineers & Test Managers ) across company sites in project roles as well as to ensure adoption of shared processes and best practice
Degree in an engineering or science subject, with a good IT content
ISTQB® certification desirable
Proven industrial experience in the software development arena conducting testing within a quality-conscious environment.
Experience in the creation and execution of functional , system integration (end-to-end) , regression and non-functional tests ( e.g. performance ). Exposure to and hands-on experience with a range of tools supporting automated testing , including Windows based User Interface testing , is an advantage
Experience in testing complex systems built using modern programming languages.
Experience of working in environments where regular builds , unit tests and software integration testing are the norm.
Experience of system fault-finding , diagnosing to subsystem level
Experience of using version control , change control and code quality control processes.
Experience of using test management or ALM tools to design , execute and maintain test cases (examples - Siemens Polarion , MS Test manager , Azure Devops Test Plan , HP Quality center / ALM ).
Experience of using defect management tools to raise, monitor and retest defects found in the software.
Experience of general computer and peripheral configuration, and common mechanisms for computer communication and control over external components.
Key Job Skills
Writing and executing manual test cases
Basic scripting and executing automated tests
Use of Windows OS platform as administrative / power user
Ability to grasp large and complex software application
Use of a Test management tool or Microsoft Word , Excel , PowerPoint to produce and maintain reports and presentations
Testing of machine control systems