City of London, London
£70000 - £85000 per annum + car/cash allowance, bonus, private med.
about 1 month ago
SOLUTION ARCHITECT - RETAIL
* Location: Open for London, Weymouth and Stoke;
* Partly remote;
* Permanent, full-time;
* Paying up to 85, 000 p.a. + Benefits;
* Generalist architects sought with experience in retail or adjacent industries considered
* Expected project types are: new tills; new HR system; new finance system; new order management system; new European marketplaces
We keep all of our business technology and systems running and do everything we can to safeguard us from cyber threats. We partner all areas of the business to help plan, build, and implement new technology for now and the future, whether that be a new website or even more automation in our distribution centre. Once implemented we make sure everything is running as it should and fix anything needed to keep our business going.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with Project Managers, Business Analysts and business stakeholders in understanding business needs to develop appropriate technology solution options to solve business problems
- Creating solution architectures that align to the EA standards and the IT roadmap, ensuring any deviations are agreed with the respective Enterprise Architects
- Supporting the Business Analysts in determining high level non-functional requirements
- Creating high level system impact assessments, as-is/to-be blueprints, and solution concept diagrams
- Creating system solution options matrices with recommendations for option selection to enable effective decision making (often at steering group/director level)
- Ensuring the viability of proposed solutions and provide direction, advice and guidance on the appropriate approach to the solution throughout the project
- Performing the design authority role on projects ensuring that the solutions delivered align to the solution architecture, and managing and resolving any design issues as they arise
- Active involvement in any vendor selection processes and management throughout the project lifecycle
Strategy, Governance & Planning
- Keeping abreast with developments in the IT industry and retail market space to ensure that the solution architectures are kept in line with industry standard and only deviate for commercial benefit
- Supporting Enterprise Architects and Domain Architects to develop and communicate IT strategy and technology plans
- Contribute to the architecture community through continual development of our artefacts, methodologies and processes, and identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies
- Minimum 3 years Solution Architect experience (or equivalent)
- Ideally educated to degree level in a technical subject
- Significant experience of designing solutions that operate on the core technologies in use such as e-Commerce, OMS, retail ERP, WMS, Supply Chain, HR and Finance systems.
- Proven ability to deliver flexible, reliable, supportable, cost effective (packaged and bespoke) IT solutions
- Demonstrable experience in IT industry standards, services, design, architecture principles design, architecture views and viewpoint design, building block design, solutions modelling and systems behaviour
- Good experience of IT Architecture (and underlying frameworks such as TOGAF and SOA) including the development (and ensuring adherence to) architecture principles and standards
- Knowledge of relevant technologies including document management, CRM/case management, BPM, web applications, portals, messaging and integration (Middleware), data management, etc.
- Proficiency in methods and techniques for structured reviews, including reviews of non-functional requirements, technical documents, test plans, business cases and other key deliverables
APPLY NOW to start the process.