£70000 - £80000 per annum
3 months ago
- Paying up to £70,000 - £80,000 per annum
- Offices based in Bristol, Yeovil, Basildon, Portsmouth, Luton
- Permanent Opportunity
- Mostly Remote working
* Please note the candidate has to be able to obtain SC Clearance
If you'd like to make a real difference where it counts, this unique opportunity could be right for you. We are one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries
An opportunity has arisen for a Solution Architect who will be responsible for defining robust and cost-effective solution architectures and designs to meet the business objectives and requirements of the customer, with responsibility for delivery of fit for purpose solutions in line with standards and policies.
- Defining the Solution Architecture and Design for the project to meet business requirements, within the project constraints of cost and timescale, and the agreed architectural and technical framework
- Capturing the as-is application, data and technology architectures for the assigned projects
- Defining the to-be application, data and technology architectures for the assigned projects
- Ensuring, and where 3rd party elements are provided, assuring, that the overall functional and technical design of the solution is acceptable and fit for purpose
- Providing Technical Authority leadership of the solution and associated development team, ensuring that the solution architecture and design is as required and is communicated effectively
- Liaising with the product suppliers, COTS component vendors and sub-contract development teams
- Ensuring consistency and integrity of the solution implementation through overseeing the solution development process, and production of development work products
- Providing design management and governance through the operation of change and configuration management activities
- Working effectively with the Project Managers to support the development of the project plan, through assisting with the compilation, reviewing estimates and schedules, and identifying risks and approach to reviews
- Engaging with customers and stakeholders to develop solution requirements and solution design
- Information Systems / Engineering diploma / degree - or equivalent, would be advantageous.
- Proven experience in delivering Information Management & Technology solutions together with associated architecture deliverables.
- Proven knowledge and experience of working within architecture frameworks e.g. TOGAF.
- Understanding of the service lifecycle is advantageous e.g. ITIL.
- Hands-on experience with business and system requirements gathering / analysis.
- Proven experience in design, development, test and release of Information Systems.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Technical knowledge of a range of Information Management & Technology business systems from ERPs through procurement to supplier management.
- Understanding of Information Management & Technology / software development lifecycle (including methodologies e.g. Agile) and associated reviews, policies, standards and governance processes.
- Previous experience of technical leadership e.g. acting as a Technical Authority.