Systems Engineer (Junior at least 2 years' commercial experience or Senior)
Has to be able to gain security clearance. (British Passport)
Based in Surrey
£30,000 - £50,000
A Defence design and manufacturing company based in Surrey are currently recruiting for Systems Engineers to join them due to continued growth of the business. They are looking for Systems Engineers to support both internal and customer-funded programmes through providing engineering resource in the delivery of the full system life-cycle. At present the function is engaged with multiple high-profile Defence programmes and this role will primarily work on their naval ship programme.
Key responsibilities include:
* Conduct/lead all systems engineering activities including requirements management, verification testing and design assurance.
* Produce/review project technical documentation to project schedule.
* Prepare for and successfully deliver key design reviews (PDR/CDR) in accordance with the programme schedule.
* Technical management of suppliers, ensuring requirements and design baselines are maintained.
* Reviewing and challenging technical documentation received from Customer and suppliers.
* Support/Lead reviews with the Customer and key suppliers.
* Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved in the delivery of the programme (Hardware, Mechanical, Software, ILS, etc.).
* Ensure all responsibilities are delivered in accordance with Company Standards of Conduct and contractual processes.
Required skills & experience:
* Current experience of systems requirements management, definition, design, integration, acceptance and analysis
* Knowledge of System Engineering models and techniques.
* Able to work with people effectively at all levels, using well-developed influencing and interpersonal skills
* Able to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
* Able to deal with internal and external customers in a professional way, both in person, over the phone and by email
* Is a team player, and can create, develop and maintain productive working relationships
* Strong IT skills, specifically with MS Office products.
* Degree-qualified in a relevant engineering / technical subject (e.g. electrical engineering or similar)
* Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS or similar)
* Knowledge of marine electronic equipment and/or the marine environment
* Knowledge of marine navigation specific standards (e.g. IEC 60945, 61162, 61174)
* Familiar with military environmental standards (e.g. DEF STAN 00-35, 59-411)
* Knowledge and experience of safety critical systems (SIL 2 / 3)
* Experience of conducting EMC/Vibration/Shock qualification testing with external test houses
* INCOSE Associate/Chartered Systems Engineering Professional
Please note that this position requires security clearance, and this can only be obtained if you are a British Passport holder and resided in the UK for at least 5 years without any significant periods of time spent outside the UK.
If you are interested in this position, please 'APPLY NOW'