£40000 - £45000 per annum + Package + Car Allowance
about 1 year ago
Technical Account Manager - BMS
Permanent - 40 hours per week
£40 - 45k + Package
South East/South West
Our client, a specialist BMS System House, wishes to appoint a Technical Account Manager to undertake a sales support role, providing a high level knowledge of BEMS hardware, software, systems, HVAC applications and supporting infrastructure to assist our CBRE Account Manager within the business drive project growth with them.
Working with the Sales Director and our CBRE Account Manager, this position is critical in providing technical solutions to meet our client's site, systems and project requirements.
The role will take full responsibility for all technical sales with that customer. In addition, meetings and communications to develop relationships with CBRE senior management, Head of Projects and Project Managers forms a large part of this role aiming to become the "go-to" person within their business for our specialist support.
- Provide technical sales support for the allocated customer.
- Provide proactive external client consultancy services to FM contractors, Fit out contractors and end clients.
- Provide internal technical support of specialist fields to the special projects and support engineers.
- Undertake site surveys as needed to support the sales function
- Create clear specifications and costs within a solution sales approach, defined around the SMART approach; Scope, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time Bound.
- Achieving sales targets as part of a team.
- Ensure a thorough handover of sold solutions and projects to the operations team, clarifying all aspects of the SMART approach.
- Provide project review points and project input to the special projects operations teams where necessary to ensure clients full satisfaction and the prevention of any disconnect between sales consultancy (customer expectations) and the project delivery (outcome).
- Input through technical workshops for technical design and delivery standards with operations.
- Provide innovative solutions to clients and internal staff in respect of new/evolving solutions.
Desirable skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years experience within the HVAC / BEMS controls industry, showing a variety of projects, maintenance and energy related roles.
- Experience of design, engineering and delivering small, medium and large BEMS installations.
- Ability to program the critical path and lead times associated with a small works BMS installation.
- Advanced knowledge of HVAC fundamentals, CIBSE and BSRIA guides.
- Demonstrable evidence of achieving sales targets within a similar role.
- IT, Electrical and Mechanical knowledge of a highly competent level, demonstrable through experience or qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering energy surveys and audits within the HVAC / BEMS field.
- Advanced knowledge compliancy legislation, such as Part L, and European Standard EN15232.
- Educated to Degree Level within mechanical, electrical, building services or a controls field.
- Qualification is Energy Auditing, such as TMOL.
- Additional BEMS Product knowledge and certifications (other than Trend Control Systems), such as Honeywell Centraline, Cylon, Siemens.
- Product course certifications for Tridium AX hardware and software.
- BEMS product course certifications (hardware and software) from Trend Control Systems.
- Product course certifications for integration products and protocol exchange software such as M-Bus, Modbus, BACnet, OPC, IP, RS485, MSTP etc.
- CITB / SSSTS H&S accreditation or IOSH equivalent
- ECS CSCS accreditation.
- Salary of £40,000 to £45,000 per annum dependant on experience and qualifications.
- Annual performance related bonus scheme. (unlimited)
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension (3% employer contribution)
- Private health and life assurance cover (3x salary) after 12 months
- Company car or cash allowance (£4,800 per annum)
- Mobile phone, laptop etc