Horsham, West Sussex
£30000 - £35000 per annum
over 2 years ago
A market leading technology company who are rapidly expanding are seeking a Test Engineer to take test objectives and develop & execute test plans rigorously, and to tight timescales.
- Provide test data and test capability for internal development as well as commercial programmes
- Interface and communicate directly with internal and external customers and suppliers . Data analysis and report writing . Presentation of findings and recommendations
- Technical issues resolution using formal problem-solving methodologies . Design test stand modifications and implement preventative actions
- Carry out risk assessments and create safety design
- Identify opportunities for improving efficiency and quality of test stand h/w and s/w to increase test resource utilisation and/or data quality
- Design tests , define instrumentation and develop test method against test objectives/requirements
- Codify test requirements into test scripts
- Setup test stand software , support development of the same
- Make use of FMEA and other tools to improve reliability design
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Physics or Electrical / Electronic engineering or similar qualification / experience
- Good theoretical understanding and practical experience of :
- Electronics , electrical diagrams etc ;
- metrology and sensor technology such as thermocouples , flow controllers , pressure transducers etc.
- Experience of software ( LabView , VisualBasic etc ).
- Good understanding of engineering fundamentals particularly within heat Transfer / Thermodynamics and fluid dynamics
- Good theoretical understanding and practical experience of analytical and statistical software tools ( MATLAB etc ).
If you are interested in this position, 'APPLY NOW'