about 1 year ago
6 Month initial Contract
Sc clearance required
Fully remote work
- The main objectives of the role are to implement changes and perform project delivery that achieve a high level of client satisfaction, delivering on time, within budget and to a high standard.
- To deliver solutions and meet planned timescales.
- Duties will also include ensuring that all necessary support documentation is amended to reflect any implementation made and ensure handover and knowledge transfer to onshore and offshore support teams.
- Change control procedures are to be adhered to at all times.
- The successful candidate must be able to work on own initiative and under guidance from senior team members.
The role requires the candidate to:
Configure specific hardware, virtual and cloud environments to meet project delivery timescales; this entails installation, patching and configuration by following documented Low Level Designs and best practices.
Perform out of hours change work as and when required.
Provide documentation and information to hand servers over into BAU
Have indepth knowledge of Windows Server architecture ranging from legacy versions such as Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 to modern versions such as Windows Server 2016 and 2019.
Essential: SC CLEARED
Cloud technologies - The applicant must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Azure solutions. A working knowledge of AWS or Google Cloud Platform would be advantageous also but is not mandatory.
PowerShell - The applicant must have a strong working knowledge of PowerShell.
Automation Technologies - Whilst not mandatory, exposure to any of: Ansible, Kubernetes, Chef, Puppet would put the candidate in an advantageous position.