£350 - £400 per day
about 2 years ago
Wintel Engineers x 2 - SC Cleared, 3rd & 4th Line
+ 2 roles available
+ Looking for strong Wintel skills at 3rd and 4th Line
+ Deep understanding of MS Technologies
+ Should have experience supporting Military IT systems
Location: MOD Corsham
Rate: £350 - £400
Duration: 12 Month contract
- Install, maintain and support Windows servers and related infrastructure
- Installation and configuration of Windows Servers in virtualised environment
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft enterprise products including but not limited to, Active Directory, MS Exchange and MS Office elements
- Testing or evaluating new technology for implementation
- Troubleshooting and solving system and network problems related to Windows servers
- Working with project Problem Manager to raise and progress incidents
- Adhere to project and wider Defence and industry standards and procedures as directed by Team Lead
- Support wider NSoIT(D) system testing activities
- Administer and monitor Virtual server environment
- Significant experience with Windows server Operating systems up to Windows Server 2016 preferably in a virtualised environment.
- Several years experience in Active Directory design and administration
- Several years MS Exchange implementation design and administration
- Experience in administering and monitoring a Virtual server infrastructure
- Experience in configuring and administering backup and restore of Windows systems
- Experience of patching Windows systems
- Experience of configuring peripheral devices
- MS Windows client configuration and support including Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Delivering against high pressure timelines and in complex organisations.
- Writing or analysing technical requirements.
- Past experience of delivering accredited secure solutions within the UK Public Sector.
- Conducting rational product selections against complex requirements, specifically measuring performance, cost and time.
- A firm grasp of Service management tooling and ITIL.
- Experience of working as part of a large technical team
- Experience within the Defence sector
The candidate should have strong communication skills with recent extensive experience in:
- Windows Server administration of Windows Servers 2010 to 2016
- Active Directory administration
- Networking experience with knowledge of Cisco routers and switches
- Setting up and managing SANs and storage technologies
- Ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects.
- VMWare setup and configuration experience
- Microsoft Sharepoint configuration and administration experience
- Cisco Network Administration experience or certification (CCNA or CCNP)
- Knowledge of SCOM
- SCCM administration
- Delivering in Agile and Waterfall projects
- ITIL certification