£20000 - £24000 per annum
22 days ago
Workshop & Calibration Technician
Location: Redhill, Surrey
£24,000 basic salary
An award-winning renewable energy organisation is looking for a Workshop & Calibration Technician to join their team based in Redhill, Surrey.
You will be responsible for the assembly, repair, calibration and packing of all products in line with specification.
This role involves:
- Assembling products as directed and in line with approved drawings.
- Ensuring all products are built to specification and meet the quality standards defined.
- Ability to understand simple wiring diagrams.
- Repairing products in line with company procedures.
- Calibrating products in line with company procedures.
- Packing products in line with company procedures.
- Ensuring all Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to.
- Undertaking both internal and external training in line with the company skills matrix requirements.
- Ensuring all equipment and tooling used for the work are fit for purpose.
- Ensuring that the MRP system is accurately updated.
- Provide input into internal audits and contribute to continuous improvement. This to include identifying errors or technical problems that may arise.
- Ensuring that all workspaces are kept tidy and manageable.
- Ability to support other departments on the shop floor when needed.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field i.e. Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering etc.
- Experience of full design process, ideally gained from designing machines or test equipment which involved gaining CE certification.
- An extensive expertise in design software, including 3D CAD modelling
- Experience in areas such as geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, layout of engineering drawings in relation to US/UK standards.
- Good understanding of modern manufacturing methods and processes.
- Good knowledge of materials and process used in the aerospace sector or equivalent.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.